Get the training you need to improve the safety, efficiency and reliability of your substation. Our Internationally recognized methods and procedure will help you learn new concepts and provide you with the advanced knowledge in power transformer testing, filtering, and interpretation.
Who Should Attend
This course will enhance the understanding and increase competencies for:
- Electrical Engineers in the utilities
- Electrical Engineers and electricians in commercial and industrial maintenance
- Electrical consultants and designers and electrical project managers
- Electrical engineering graduates who would like to be test engineers and technicians
On Site Training
Maximize personnel improvement and minimize downtime with our on-site programs to help you implement the best methods relevant to your business climate.More Info
At the end of the program, the participants will be able to:
- Discuss basic transformer fundamentals.
- Understand the latest transformer technology.
- Discuss making of a transformer.
- Enumerate basic oil and transformer testing methodology protocol.
- Identify and solve concerns of on the job practices.
- Discuss equipment application.
- Demonstrate actual IPF methodology and testing procedures.
A. POWER TRANSFORMER THEORY
- Theory of Operation
- Magnetic Circuits
- Classification of Transformers
- Losses in Transformers
- Performance Tests
- Basic Insulation System
- Transformer Rating
- Transformer Connections
B. MAKING OF A TRANSFORMER
- Engineering Process
- Key Materials
- Manufacturing Process
- Design Optimization Process
- Interactions with Customers
- Electrical Design Process
- Mechanical Design Process
- Finite Element Analysis
- Manufacturing Process
INSULATION POWER FACTOR TESTING
- Overall Test Connection
- Test Summary
- Calculated CHL
- Two Winding Transformer Overall Test Sheet
- Power and Distribution Transformers
- Analysis of Oil Filled Power Transformer
HANDS-ON: TRANSFORMER TEST PROCEDURES
- Power Transformer Bushing
- Leakage Reactance or Short Circuit Impedance Test
- Transformer Exciting Current Test
- Transformer Turns Ratio Tests
- May 10 to 12, 2017
- June 7 to 9, 2017
- July 5 to 7, 2017
- August 2 to 4, 2017
- September 2 to 8, 2017
Engr. Rodolfo R. Penalosa, PEE, PECE, Apec Engr.
Engr. Penalosa’s experience comes from an extensive background of more than 30 years as a Professional Electrical Engineer. He is also a technical speaker and an official delegate for various conferences and seminars such as Power System Maintenance in Doble Engineering Conference in Boston, Electrical Design Simulation Analysis on Short Circuit at San Diego California and Power Quality – High Voltage Power Factor Correction with Harmonics at Finland to name a few. Engr. Penalosa is also the former Chairman of the Board of Electrical Engineering of the Professional Regulation Commission, former Chairman for the Technical Panel for Engineering at Commission on Higher Education (CHED) and Former President at Institute of Integrated Electrical Engineers of the Philippines (IIEE) and Society for Philippine Electrical Contractors and Suppliers Inc (SPECS). Engr. Penalosa is currently the President for WESTCO Electrical Equipment Corp and PAMAV Training Institute of Technology Center, Inc.
Engr. Eduardo M. Pabuna, Jr. RME
15 years of experience in electrical design and substation testing makes Engr. Pabuna an ideal course facilitator for Electrical Design and Substation maintenance. He combines the theories and updates it with the industry practice while maximizing the use of the Electrical Design and Simulation Analysis Paladin software. Engr. Pabuna is also a resource speaker for various international and local conferences/seminars such as IIEE, Meralco and ABB to name a few. His engineering practice also involves supply, installation, testing and commissioning for major clients like National Power Corporation, Cebu-Mactan Interconnection project, Lafarge Cement, Clark Substation NGCP Project, San Miguel Corporation and various electric cooperatives. Engr. Pabuna is currently the Engineering Head of WESTCO Electrical and Equipment Corp.
Engr. Alex Castro, REE
Engr. Castro’s exposure to testing of substation apparatus such as power transformers, potential transformers, current transformers, circuit breakers, disconnect switches and surge arresters equip him with the technical knowledge and experience to share in his seminars. His experience also comes from Meralco Industrial Engineering Services Corp. as a Project Supervisor. He is currently the Section Head of the Engineering department for WESTCO Electrical and Equipment Corp.
Substation Maintenance Insulation Power Factor with Hands-On
per person (inclusive of snacks, lunch, computer hands-on and certification)
Get the training you need to improve the safety, efficiency and reliability of your substation.